bitspossessed Code of Conduct
As members of the bitspossessed collective we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of experience, technical preferences, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, education, financial status, race, ethnicity, age, religion or nationality.
Expected behaviourWe expect members and collaborators of the bitspossessed collective to remain mindful of, and take responsibility for, their speech and behavior. This includes:
- Acting out of respect for others.
- Actively listening to others and not dominating discussions.
- Respecting physical and emotional boundaries.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert moderators if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Unacceptable behaviourWe do not tolerate harassment in any form. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal attacks, violence, threats of violence, or deliberate intimidation.
- Offensive, derogatory, or discriminatory comments.
- Inappropriate or unwanted attention, touching, or physical contact (sexual or otherwise).
- Unwanted photography or recording.
- Disclosure of a person's identity or other private information without their consent. Disclosure of some identifying information is not consent to disclose other identifying information.
- Inappropriate or unwanted publication of private communication. Publishing or reporting private communication or personally identifying information for the purposes of reporting harassment (as explained here) and/or in the case of whistleblowing, is acceptable.
- Harming the discussion or community with methods such as sustained disruption, interruption, or blocking of community collaboration (i.e. trolling).
- Discrimination, particularly against marginalized and otherwise underrepresented groups. Targeted outreach to such groups is allowed and encouraged.